Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Settings Menu Cleanup

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 09:38 AM)
Saifu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I think Samsung has been doing great from transitioning over from TouchWiz to OneUI. Samsung now needs to focus on refining the look and feel of the overall system. The main issue that prevents people from wanting to switch over from iOS is because it is so simple. The best place is by simplifying the settings menu. The short descriptions under all the setting options honestly needs to get removed. I understand you want to give the user more info before they go into that menu but it makes it much more inconvenient to navigate the menu because many simple users will feel overwhelmed from seeing all the options on the main menu. The majority of users are in fact "simple" users. Here are some suggestions for it. I have so many more suggestions that will help simplify the UI and make it much easier for new users. 

- Remove secondary headers on each setting option
- Simplify the name of settings options (About phone to About, Digital Wellbeing and parental controls to Digital Wellbeing, General management to General, Sounds and vibration to Sounds)
- Battery should have its separate menu from Device Care as it is one of the most important things for longevity of the phone
- Software update option should either be located in About or General

4 Replies
that1guy22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Completely agree, looks pretty messy at the moment. Would be cool if they could implement a long press where if you hold down on a catagory it shows what's included within. That way it looks cleaner and if you want bullet points of what's inside simply hold down on the setting.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Saifu ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I actually enjoy the sub-headers myself. Helps me find deeper settings. Some people require a little more info! Haha.
0 Likes
Saifu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Subheadings do provide more info but depending on the way it is implemented it can look bad and out of place. I am speaking for a majority of the users who do not even dig through the settings menu compared to advanced users. Advanced users that know the UI well will easily be able to find the settings they need and can also use the search function if needed.
0 Likes