cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Take a stronger stance against carriers.

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 01:27 PM)
userYtp7Bza6RF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I feel like either Samsung isn't holding themselves to the same standards against the provider as say a company like Apple or the carriers aren't being equally fair (i suspect both maybe). Either way as one of the top hardware providers you have a LOT more leverage than you think. Carriers will want customers that want the latest phones, they are top spenders. I'd like to see all phones purchased directly treated the same. No more U vs U1 model. Maybe using these future updates as a base setting. I get certain things the carrier need (that's what the carrier profiles are for) but a base OS shouldn't need a carries blessing individually. Apple doesn't get a blessing and forces the updates directly.  I hate to compare a conpetitor but can't we improve the processes better? This would allow better OS testing and optimization. A win for all... All S21 should be on same release schedules and profiles handle the icons and whatever other junk carriers need.

Are plans on the work to improve all this?
3 Replies
iFORGOT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
:hundred_points:
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @userYtp7Bza6RF ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our internal teams for review.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes, I agree. I talked about this a while back as well. Carriers shouldn't dictate when updates and features like RCS come out for users, this should be something Samsung has complete control of whether the Carriers like it or not. Updates should not need testing by each carrier? Samsung should just do the testing and send the update to all devices at once like Apple. This is what keeps Apples update schedule on track and much faster than anyone else's. I know Samsung sells many more phones and a lot of models but, it can be done. Even if you decide to do updates based on phone models, it would still be far faster than what the Carriers are doing. When I was on T-mobile, updates would arrive over a month late and when One UI 2 came out, my Note 10+ didn't get it at all from T-mobile. I had to install manually via Odin. So if you do take control of updates and features, it would remove the frustration of Carriers all together because we would be getting the update from the main source. It would also let us give better feedback since we will get updates sooner and have more time to use our devices on the new updates. Please consider implementing this. It would greatly help your customers and fans alike. Thank you.