Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Virtual RAM Inclusion?!

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 07:17 AM)
Options
Suggestions
 We need to see a graphical representation of the virtual RAM working. Samsung gifted us 4GB of virtual RAM, Would it hurt them to include it in the full RAM total since some actual RAM is allocated for operational processes? 
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I wouldn't consider it a gift.

In doing this, it has taken AWAY 4gb from storage.

This was originally intended for lower end devices like the A52, where it makes sense.

There is NO reason my Ultra, or any S21 model for that matter, needs v-ram.
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I agree. This should be an option to turn on/off as needed. But would also love to see the usage stats in Device Care ❤️
Options
Suggestions
It's actually nice have it. I had an s20 plus with 12gb of ram, so after operational software and my apps, free RAM was gobbled. I found an app that turned memory into RAM. On my S21 ultra, necessary work apps are taking up space and ram. I also had to make sure I had a 512gb phone ( because of the missing SD card slot). Anyway, it would be nice to see tangible enhancement in performance in exchange for stealing storage space.
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
At the very least it isn't useful unless you game. At which the system "should" allocate apps to V-RAM and prioritize physical RAM to the game (Fortnite in mind, here.. it's a memory hog).
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes