Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

remove search bar from recent menu

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 07:52 AM)
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Suggestions
may we PLEASE have the option to remove search bar from recent menu. how many users actually USE the search bar for recently used apps??? if I had to guess I'd say it'd be a very small number if at all. just sayin'
7 Replies
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree. Doesn't need to be there, but I also ignore it existing right now.

Cheers!
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I use it all the time as it searches your phone for anything; settings, toggles, apps, information.
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Just out of curiosity, why not do that from the App Drawer vs using it from the "Recent Apps" page.

Just curious.
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I guess it's the same either way. I use gestures, so it would be a swipe up from the bottom of the screen no matter what. I also put Finder on my home screen so I can use this option as well.
I can only assume that many people don't use the search option at all. I really like it,personally. But I agree, it doesn't have to be present in multiple places.
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Search Screenshot_20211025-092220_One UI Home_11087.jpg
0 Likes
useribQgLPDQRM
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I had mine removed using GoodLock before the beta, as it's not supported right now...the only problem was that while having the search bar loved, getting to the recents menu felt a little choppy..like the ui knew the search bar was supposed to be there and GoodLock reminded it, it wasn't there. I would bring it back and it was smooth as it should be..then a little choppy again after removing it. But hopefully it gets better once GoodLock is fully released šŸ™‚
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @TheFamilyMan ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes