Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Battery protect

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 03:53 AM)
T3CHMAN
Explorer
Options
Tips
Not sure if anyone touched on this yet but if they haven't then I'll say it here. As I was scrolling through the settings I noticed a new battery setting which is called battery protect which will charge your phone up to 85% to conserve the health of the battery rather than charging it to 100% if that may be something that interest you I recommend checking it out. 

7 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @T3CHMAN ,

Thank you for your Tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Casey88
Halo
Options
Tips
So I did see that, and I was going to try it but then I wondered, if it only charges to 85% wouldn't that mean it doesn't remain charged for as long? For instance, before installing UI 4 Beta, I could get 1 d 15 h out of my battery if charged up to 100% (now unsure until battery drain is fixed), but if it is now only being charged to 85%, wouldn't that mean I would have to charge more often?
0 Likes
jrtorres869
Asteroid
Options
Tips
It charges slower after 80 anyway but ya with the battery drain might be better to be able to charge to 100
0 Likes
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
As someone whose recently begun maintaining charge level between 40% and 80% I really appreciate this feature. I become really annoyed when I become distracted and discover my charge is 100%. Limiting charges to 85% eliminates that problem.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Tips
I'm happy Samsung decided to add this battery protection feature. That said, I wish they'd offer more options other than 85%. Maybe a slider between 80-95%? Allow the user to choose their level based on usage patterns.
0 Likes
marvin4801
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
You can now customize in Bixby routine
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Tips
Can you describe how? I see how to select a specific battery level, but I don't see how you can tell the phone to stop charging.
0 Likes