JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do you turn off Separate Audio Program (SAP/Video Descripition) on Samsung 7000 series television?

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 07:53 PM)
userBv0zvHO7xG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am trying to watch NCIS: Sydney on CBS.com.  I am having SAP playing.  It states if I wish the narrative to end, turn off SAP.  I found the post for turning off SAP on a QLED.  For my television Menu->General->Accessories has "Video Description" greyed out and it states it is not available.  I am getting it though and so loudly I cannot hear the conversation on the screen. 

I use my television (55") as a computer monitor.  It is connected to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti HDMI output port.   Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  ASROCK Z87 Extreme VI motherboard.  i7-4770K processor (not overclocked).  32GB memory,  170TB disk storage.  Hauppauge quad TV tuner card.  Old fashioned house antenna.   The NVidia card, near as I can determine from the NVidia Control Panel does not support SAP.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to confirm do you by chance have them turned on the website/app itself you can turn this on while watching through most websites and apps. As for them being greyed out make sure that you do not have any app open and not on any source as options can be greyed out that way. I would recommend unplugging the TV and plugging it back up to make sure that everything is closed out then try again to see if this still happens.

View solution in context

2 Replies
HERoberts
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem with "Video Descriptions" being greyed out and not available. I can't even reset all of my audio settings because that option is also greyed out.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to confirm do you by chance have them turned on the website/app itself you can turn this on while watching through most websites and apps. As for them being greyed out make sure that you do not have any app open and not on any source as options can be greyed out that way. I would recommend unplugging the TV and plugging it back up to make sure that everything is closed out then try again to see if this still happens.