Original topic:

A23 5G - Time clock "Jumping or Later"

(Topic created: 08-11-2023 04:47 AM)
ArchieASL
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, I have my own Galaxy A23 5g "A236E/DSN  128GB/8GB"

The first day I bought this phone back in March 13 this year and tested this phone.
Everything is good as reviews said and my expectation.
1 Week later, based on my experience is great and I'm happy and about to use this phone as my primary phone.

Night time, turned off the Wi-Fi and Data is off too and closed all Apps and power off the phone and I'm going to sleep.

I woke up, power on the phone and check the time is 7:23 AM but the sun is about to rise. I don't understand what is going on.
Checked my other phone CM Aqua SV and my laptop the real time is 5:27 AM both are correct. Checking the settings Date and Time> Automatic date and time is ON, Automatic time zone is ON too and my local time zone is GMT +08:00 Manila which is right. I have to keep open the Wi-Fi and Data in order to autocorrect the time.

My main problem is not all time I have an access to internet when I go to Schooling, Gathering, Traveling or working and keep my phone off to save battery. My biggest problem is alarm clock and fear to get late to attend to school. I have to keep my phone without power off all time.

Base of my diagnosing by turning off all connection including Automatic date and time/Automatic time zone to test the issue every 2 hours while the phone is completely turned off.
- When plugged the charger and turn off the phone and turn back on, The time is correct.
- When unplugged the charger and turn off the phone and turn back on, The time is later than hour.

Tried to fix the issue by:
Restart the phone, Clear cache from recovery mode, Completely discharge, Software Update and Reset...
Only left I can do is Hard Reset but I'm not sure.

Seems my A23 5g can't remember the time clock when it completely turned off and decided to jump the time itself when turning on.
I have other Samsung phones Galaxy Note4, Note 5, J2 2015, J2 Prime 2015 which is never experiencing this kind of issue.

Today the issue is still persisting
I need your help, Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You might have a lot more success posting your problem in the Samsung Community for the Philippines. 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/bd-p/ph-community-sp-ga?page=1&tab=recent_topics

We offer limited knowledge of international variants here in the U.S. Community, but someone there should be able to help you with this further. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A quick fix for this would be to turn off automatic time and set the time manually. There may be some sort of conflict going on somewhere in the network/phone. Was the phone exactly 2 hours off from the correct time?

0 Likes
ArchieASL
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I did it before but doesn't help.
Even manually set the time and turned off the Automatic time zone.

The problem is when power off the A23 5g completely, The time is jumping more later than the real time instead time clock off for example 8:00 AM but the real time is 5:30 AM. It depends how long the phone is power off without network or data.

There is something wrong only when my phone is turned off completely.
Seems the time clock is counting faster than it should.
Pretty strange.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Have you attempted going to Settings>General management>Reset>Reset network settings? This will clear all prior Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connections/settings, as well as restarting your mobile network. 

ArchieASL
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Tried, Reset network doesn't help after attempting it. All network and password is gone after the Reset. Still jumping with 2 minutes after power off for  15 minutes.

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You might have a lot more success posting your problem in the Samsung Community for the Philippines. 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/bd-p/ph-community-sp-ga?page=1&tab=recent_topics

We offer limited knowledge of international variants here in the U.S. Community, but someone there should be able to help you with this further. 

ArchieASL
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

I will copy my topic to another.

VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I just wish I could have completely solved your problem with the time! It's very strange. Nevertheless, if I have handled your concern here and provided you with the correct direction, please hit accept as solution by my post regarding the Samsung Community in the Philippines so that other Members coming here will know to reach out to their respective countries Communities for assistance. šŸ™‚