JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot send or receive group messages

(Topic created: 09-30-2023 08:52 AM)
njmat
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Since this morning. I cannot send or receive group messages. The error message says MMS not supported by my network. I also cannot send screenshots or photos to just a single person. I have a galaxy A51

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
njmat
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's fixed. My card on file expired, oops

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
ProUser1
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi @njmat 
Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem of not being able to send or receive group messages, screenshots, or photos on your Galaxy A51:

1. Check your network settings. Make sure that you are connected to a cellular network and that you have data enabled. You can check your network settings by going to Settings > Connections.
  2. Restart your phone. This can sometimes fix minor software glitches that can cause problems with messaging.
  3. Clear the cache and data for the Messages app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Messages and tap on Storage & cache. Then, tap on Clear cache and Clear data.
  4. Try using a different messaging app. If you are still having problems, try using a different messaging app, such as Google Messages or Telegram.
  5. Contact your carrier. If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, it's possible that there is a problem with your carrier's network settings. Contact your carrier for support.

Here are some additional things you can try:

1. Disable power saving mode. Power saving mode can sometimes interfere with messaging apps.
  2. Enable auto retry for multimedia messages. This setting can help to prevent messages from being dropped.
  3. Update the Messages app to the latest version.
  4. Reset the Messages app to factory defaults. This will erase all of your settings and messages, so be sure to back up your data first.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, then it's possible that there is a problem with your phone's hardware. You may need to take your phone to a repair shop for diagnosis and repair.

Solution
njmat
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's fixed. My card on file expired, oops
0 Likes
njmat
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you for your suggestions