Original topic:

Potential spyware? app disguised as Parental control

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
whozdashyt
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I think I have Spyware that came with phone when i purchased the device. The app is disguised at parental control. Trying to delete and unable to. Has weird permissions enabled

6 Replies
rrga11
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This could possibly just be the system app for parental controls. Samsung uses Google's Family Link for parental control settings. Where does this app appear and what does it look like?
0 Likes
whozdashyt
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It only appears under Google files system apps. But I also see another app that's called people and has weird permissions like disable lock screen.
0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If it's parental control, it should look like a kite, either a full color one or a blue outline of one, on a white background. If you open the app and go to the 3 buttons in the top corner and tap, it should show an option to stop supervision. It will lock your phone down for 24 hours but will be gone after it unlocks

This is all assuming that this is parental controls and not a copy.
0 Likes
whozdashyt
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
These are screen shot 1715872597227.jpg1715872597233.jpg1715872597245.jpg1715872597252.jpg
0 Likes
rrga11
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If you bought the phone already set up, there's a chance that parental controls are on the device and enabled. The parental controls app should allow you to see whether your phone is under control or not. If not, it's likely just the system app that is there.
0 Likes
rrga11
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Also, my phone has both apps as well. Many system apps have lots of permissions but never use them. Unless the app is actively controlling your phone or causing unusual activity, you're probably fine.
0 Likes