Original topic:

Facing issues after combining quick share and nearby share

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 12:46 PM)
asifzamee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Anyone facing any issues after combining the quick share and the nearby share on Samsung devices? Before this update, I used nearby share on my Galaxy S23 to my non Samsung phones of my friends. But after combining these two, this particular feature doesn't seem to work no matter what. I can not get it to send to nearby share devices. It does show up in the settings but when attempted to send a file, it fails.

18 Replies
utchayAfroshimon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I got my new s24 on the 6th of April 2024 and it hasn't worked. The quickshare on my tablet s8 ultra hasn't worked for over 7months between my s23 and s22
0 Likes
VictorBB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a problem with Quick share in my Samsung s7, today I tryed to send me one Picture to my Samsung S22 and Quick share no worked,it's neccesary one actualization of Quick share for Samsung S7

The options Quick share have a problem that it don't reconizage other devices
Members_3ekeMd2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm working with a remodeling contractor in another state. We often send handmade sketches (draw it, take a picture, send it), product links, and instructions. Today, I became aware that the Quick Share links expire. We MUST have a record of what was said and when. Something I send today may not be used until a month from now.  I've been through other posts here and don't understand "nearby share", why we are concerned about the type of phone,  etc. I want this to go away. I have no idea how it started in the first place. My loathing for cell phones has increased exponentially in the last two hours. Galaxy A03s

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It's a temporary file transfer, not a permanent file hosting solution. You would be better off using a shared Google drive or onedrive if you need shared files to be permanently available.
Options
Galaxy S23
Nearby share is the equivalent of airdrop

The quick share you are using is typically for large files

And like tipsy said it's a temporary send, using that as a means of documentation is a terrible idea.
0 Likes
Members_3ekeMd2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm not sending videos normally, just JPEGs. I don't want them to have a time limit on them. As I said, what I send today may not be implemented until a month from now. He needs to be able to go back and look at the jpeg of the sketch. We're not using this as legal documentation, we just need it to be there - not expired. The phone is sending them as Quickshare without any input from me.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
And the people above are giving you a solution by suggesting you use a shared Google drive.
0 Likes
thankyouobiwon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
macOS can remotely control this without notice on your screen. You cannot turn this off. Even when it's disabled. I don't know why you would not use Microsoft Azure One Drive it's the safest thing to use and you can setup authenticator to login with biometric only no password. Thank you come again
0 Likes
IamGr00t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So I have a Z Flip5, a Fold4, and a Tab S9 Ultra. The Fold4 and Tab S9 Ultra have no problem finding the other two devices when I use quick share. My Flip 5 on the other hand can't seem to find either of the other two, or anything else for that matter. The only way I can use quick share with the other two is to us the QC code. I've looked on the internet and tried all the solutions I could find but none of them have solved the issue. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to solve it? 
0 Likes