Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A42 Facebook landscape not supported

(Topic created: 02-18-2024 08:04 AM)
byer2000
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy A42 5G with Facebook.  Tried to do by uninstalling the Facebook app and reinstalling it. Still getting same error message saying "Landscape not supported
Rotate your device back to its vertical orientation for a better livestream experience"

4 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Facebook determines the orientation of how to use the app, not your device.

Facebook is an app that is meant to be used in portrait mode,
not landscape!
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Maybe, maybe not.  I have an A54 and previously an S10 Lite. I have never had a problem using the Facebook app in landscape mode.  I don't do it often, but it does happen that sometimes I tilt the phone and it rotates to landscape. It annoys me, but the only way to stop it is to turn off auto-rotate, and I do not want to do that.

It's possible that livestream in landscape mode is not supported, since the OP is referencing an error message pertaining to livestream. 

0 Likes
byer2000
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I do not agree with this statement. I have used that feature in the past with no issues until last few months ago.  Tried to use Orientation control with no success.  Please advise on how to do this. I uses A42 5G Galaxy.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Facebook, let's you change the orientation only for some videos. It, however, does not let you rotate your screen at will. It doesn't make a difference which phone you have!
0 Likes