JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dark mode on facebook on my Galaxy Fold 3

(Topic created: 01-13-2022 06:42 AM)
antontlntno
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I don't know if it's just me but the only way I can set dark mode for Facebook on my galaxy fold 3 is thru the front screen. Once I exit the app and try to open it in the inner display, it turn back to light mode and it won't let me change it to dark mode even when the option appears. I do not know if this is a developer problem or if it has something to do with the new update. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
This may not be what you want, overall....

In Developer Options, there is a setting "Force Dark Mode" ... keep in mind, that's a global setting

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
This may not be what you want, overall....

In Developer Options, there is a setting "Force Dark Mode" ... keep in mind, that's a global setting
antontlntno
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Yep I actually tried it. I mean it did get the job done but not for the other apps. ☹️

0 Likes
Options
Android 12
I agree. The only thing with that is that barcodes and QR codes can't be read. It's a nice setting to though to get all your apps in dark mode thanks to the developers dragging their feet or blatantly refusing to support it. But you definitely have to turn it off for apps like Starbucks for instance when you need to have to cashier scan your barcode for your rewards. Google should provide a fix for that setting to at least respect barcodes and QR codes. I know it's a developer option so they're not invested in doing that since it's not technically meant for the public but... it would be nice.
0 Likes
All4dom
Halo
Options
Android 12
Fave book dark mode works & doesn't work with fold 3. I have the same issue. If I ever get my android 12 update, maybe it will be fixed.
0 Likes
antontlntno
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Funny thing is my Fold 3 is already updated to Android 12. I thought the update would fix it... Unfortunately it didn't... 

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

the dark mode should work on FB Lite, I swapped over to Lite since it was simpler design anyway.

0 Likes
antontlntno
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Thanks for the suggestion. I shall try this out. Hopefully I'll like it 😅

0 Likes
All4dom
Halo
Options
Android 12
Any major differences with fb lite?
0 Likes
antontlntno
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

FB lite is kinda like using the Facebook app but then in like a browser form. So when you're refreshing or changing pages, it has a loading bar on top. Personally, I find it slightly annoying but dark mode does work.