JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request: Camera Scan by default instead of Text

(Topic created: 04-22-2024 02:39 PM)
Jaehyun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I appreciate the new AI features in the recent One UI 6.1. However, I find it inconvenient when I scan a document with the built-in camera app. Before 6.1, I could scan the document directly. Now, it always tries to recognize text by default, and then I need to switch to scan mode. I wouldn't be so frustrated if text recognition were done quickly. But it takes time for the phone to understand the text, using up the phone's battery, and then gives me an option to switch to scan mode, which is a simpler operation that can be done immediately. There is no option to make scan mode the default.

I hope for one of these changes:
1. Make scan mode the default and let me switch to text recognition when I want.
2. Add an option to make scan mode the default instead of text recognition.
3. Give both options in the camera UI so I can scan without text recognition.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.