JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turn off Galaxy buds2 pro earbuds

(Topic created: 09-25-2023 04:31 AM)
asiaminor2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

How to manually turn off the buds2 pro earbuds?

Leaving them in the case will charge them to 100% OK but will also slowly drain (1% in~12h) the charging case, so the earbuds are not actually off.

The documentation included in the package is surprisingly sparse.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
All batteries slowly drain after being charged, even when not in use. That being said, the Buds are in always low energy Bluetooth mode to more quickly pair/connect to devices and emitting UWB (ultra-wideband) frequencies, should you lose your Buds. You don't actually want to ever turn the Buds completely "off."

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
All batteries slowly drain after being charged, even when not in use. That being said, the Buds are in always low energy Bluetooth mode to more quickly pair/connect to devices and emitting UWB (ultra-wideband) frequencies, should you lose your Buds. You don't actually want to ever turn the Buds completely "off."
Dragneel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I agree, and since they don't drain the battery that bad, I usually have them on the case.
Also, the case works even without charge, and they remain "off" while in the case. I can testify that it's convenient that they don't shutdown since finding them can be a hassle, specially if they are the black ones.