Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Live case pops open when dropped

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 07:55 PM)
Kay34
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

My Samsung Galaxy Buds Live work very well & are comfortable in my ear. But so annoyed when the case is dropped & it pops open & the buds fly far away. Why can't the case have a clip to hold it closed if it falls? Today I had the case in my pocket & it fell as I leaned over in my bsmt to check my sump pump. The case hit the concrete & popped open & the case stayed on the concrete but the 2 buds flew out & into the water of the sump pump. They are now in a bag of silica packets to try to dry them out. But why can't Samsung simply design the case so it doesn't pop open if dropped??? That is the only complaint I have about my purchase.

4 Replies
NicoNi4Lyfe
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Praying for your Buds šŸ™

Assume it's meant to make it easy to open/close but there should be some kind of magnet to keep it fastened so it doesn't easily open like that......
0 Likes
Kay34
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Guess what? After sitting overnight in a bag of silica packets, my Galaxy Buds are now working very well!!! Even though they were completely submerged at the bottom of my sump pump!!!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds
Look on aliexpress , you'll find many case protectors that are rugged with a clasp.
I bought one, works well for keeping them closed, but it can be cumbersome to open.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
The case opening releases energy on impact and reduces the likelihood of physical damage to the case but has the side effect of popping open. Easier to manufactur too.