JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hey Google not beeping

(Topic created: 08-05-2023 06:51 PM)
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

When I say "Hey Google" a beep sound would alert me that it was listening. Now it doesn't. I searched YouTube found the video, after selecting accessibility the switch access is not an option. How do I turn on the Google beep? Fold 4 android version 13. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Finsfan I was in this same situation years ago and eventually had it back to working, but I remember it taking days and don't remember specifically how I did it. I remember it being extremely frustrating. The backup and factory reset option would be your best bet at this point. It's not really a big deal to restore. 

It's very possible this started happening after a Google or system update. Rolling back to a previous version of the Google app using an APK could solve the problem, so maybe you could try that before the reset. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Added Italian, and still not beeping.

0 Likes
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Couple days ago. 

0 Likes
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Interaction and dexterity not an option in my accessibility menu. This is what I got. Both are turned on.

Screenshot_20230806_063610_Google.jpg

 

0 Likes
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I can't add screen shot. I have got the voice access in settings, it is off.

Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yeah, Hey Google doesn't work at all. Turned it off, Hey Google worked but still no beep. Thanks for helping me BTW!

0 Likes
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes. Plugged phone into my car and it beeped. Should I unistall google and see what happens when it get it loaded back on phone?

0 Likes
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yeah, that didn't work. Any other suggestions? Please.

0 Likes
Finsfan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

That is correct. 

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Finsfan I was in this same situation years ago and eventually had it back to working, but I remember it taking days and don't remember specifically how I did it. I remember it being extremely frustrating. The backup and factory reset option would be your best bet at this point. It's not really a big deal to restore. 

It's very possible this started happening after a Google or system update. Rolling back to a previous version of the Google app using an APK could solve the problem, so maybe you could try that before the reset. 

0 Likes