JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot react to a text in Samsung Messages

(Topic created: a month ago)
bisap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Can't reply to specific messages, with samsung message on zfold 5, also bought fold 5 off Amazon, no update 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

Can't be done with Samsung Messages.  Google Messages will let you  react with an emoji. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

7 Replies
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Please provide a more detailed description oof your issue. 

Also, please provide the model number of your phone which can be found in Settings->About Phone->Model Name 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
bisap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
So in sam messages, when I want to reply to a single thread of message from a contact with either an emoji or text , I am not able to, instead i have to start a new thread and it is not directed to the specific message you want
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Perhaps the MMS in your topic is confusing me, See if I got this right.  So you're on a group message (MMS)  and you want to reply to a message from one of the group participants but do not want to reply to all of the group? 

If that is the case then you can pull down from the "Mass Text" down arrow at the top of the group, select the person you want to text, and then select the Samsung Messages icon which will open a new message only to them....or remove the recepients leaving only the person you want to reply to.  In both cases a new text is created that does not include the posts from the Group. 

Bill
---
bisap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
No not mass text,
0 Likes
bisap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just texting with an individual and they texted a sentence and I just want to reply to that sentence it can't be done.
0 Likes
bisap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
For instance if we were texting and I just wanted to reply to your first message, I should have the option of just replying to only your first response
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Can't be done with Samsung Messages.  Google Messages will let you  react with an emoji. 

Bill
---