JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Brightness issues in app

(Topic created: 09-10-2019 07:48 AM)
Ambam219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey guys, I've had my note 9 since it came out and it seems like just this week I've been running into so issues.  All of the sudden when I use apps such as youtube and tiktok my brightness jumps up rather high. I dont have the adaptive settings on. And as soon as I get out of the apps it returns back to my setting. Does anyone have any idea how to change this? Its draining my battery significantly.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Ambam219 wrote:

Hey guys, I've had my note 9 since it came out and it seems like just this week I've been running into so issues.  All of the sudden when I use apps such as youtube and tiktok my brightness jumps up rather high. I dont have the adaptive settings on. And as soon as I get out of the apps it returns back to my setting. Does anyone have any idea how to change this? Its draining my battery significantly.  

Check if you have video enhancer on?  Settings>advanced features and there in the list you should find video enhancer.  If it is on, then it brightens the video when you use specific video apps

View solution in context

6 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you experience these symptoms if you test Youtube with your device in settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ambam219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What exactly do you mean? 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Give these steps a try: 

1. Press and hold the Power button (right edge of the phone) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
  3. Tap on safe mode
  4. Once in safe mode try using the Youtube app to see if you still experience these symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ambam219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes it still happens.  

0 Likes
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Ambam219 wrote:

Check if you have video enhancer on?  Settings>advanced features and there in the list you should find video enhancer.  If it is on, then it brightens the video when you use specific video apps

Ambam219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That's exactly what it was.  Haha. Thank you so much! I dont know how it got turned on unless when I got my screen replaced over the weekend they turned it on by chance. 

0 Likes