Original topic:

Keeping the Note 20 Ultra because it still has MST and sd card reader

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 07:09 AM)
FF-Jojo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I haven't switched over to any other Galaxy series due to the MST technology still working on my phone. Great thing about MST it will work on any current card reader especially the older ones . Note 20 was the last series to have this tech. NFC is works similar BUT card readers need to have a special hardware. Otherwise NFC doesn't work without that special hardware. Wish my Note 20 would get UI 6. One other option I have is the mini sd card which is good for me since I hold lots of docs n pix which won't affect the performance of my phone 🙂

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My last MST-capable phone was the S7 Edge... I miss that convenience terribly. Be advised that MST is being phased out by 2029 here in the US, so enjoy it while you still can!
0 Likes
FF-Jojo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder how Samsung is planning to do that for their phones.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung simply stopped including MST in their devices. That was their plan lol as for everyone else it's either upgrade to the new chip tech or go back to cash-only. I live in a rural area and am already aware of a half-dozen small businesses here committed to returning to cash-only when their MST subscriptions are phased out. We'll see if it's bluster or not in a few years.
0 Likes
FF-Jojo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Also, Note20 was the flag ship for the S series moving forward and I have 12G RAM so I assume even by that date my phone will still be operable 🙂
SteelerStitch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
With the removal of the SD card slot starting with the S21 Samsung lost my business, trying to push larger internal storage smart phones, and they no longer play WMA FILES EITHER.

It is clear Samsung is intent on being an Iknockoff, if that's the case when I have to replace my Note 20 Ultra I'll just buy the iPhone itself not Samsungs version of it. 

RIP Samsung. Killed by greed and stupidity.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Good luck !
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Four to six years ago whenever they dropped it, I was upset too. But until you use an S24 Ultra, then everything will change, lol. The latest generation Galaxy is so good it will make you forget and realize how slow Micro SD cards are and how they drag your phone's performance down with inferior read/write speeds. Plus, a USB Type-C thumb drive is simple to use if you need to transfer data. But considering that you can get 1TB devices with unreal read/write speeds with ease these days, it's not even needed. Not to mention, using an iPhone is atrocious when coming from a premium Samsung device, in my opinion.