JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Sip..." in text message contact

(Topic created: 07-18-2023 06:34 PM)
user7LJM9dMGW4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If I start a new text message and I touch it for a few seconds I get "sip:+1xxxxxxxxxx@msg.pc.t-mobile.com;user=phone". This number is in my contact list and it is the only number that I get this issue with. Plus this contact only shows the number not the contact name and picture that occurs with other people in my contact list. Anybody know how to fix this.

"Sip" numbers are only usually for VoIP systems so i don't know why this is happening. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is when a contact is not appearing correctly and when you are unable to send a text.

There are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

1. Try removing the contact and the re-adding them as @Sprocket99 suggested.

2. This article provides troubleshooting for the Samsung Messages app when messages are slow, do not send, or cannot be received: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/

3. Reset Network settings. Settings>General management> Reset> Reset network settings. You will have to re-add the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to the phone.

4. Clear cache partition and repair apps in the Recovery Menu

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 

If these steps do not help, we recommend reaching out to T-Mobile as they are responsible for this service.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You put that number in and it does that? Like if you delete it and put it in? Should be an app bug in that case if its a regular working number.
0 Likes
user7LJM9dMGW4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This "sip..." contact is on my cell phone plan and I have talked with them to no avail other than "upgrade your phone" fallback position the techs rake when they cannot resolve the issue. I presume their is someone(s) out there who knows how to fix this issue. It seems it has something to do with my account in some way.
0 Likes
xmuerte
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same problem with my S20. my texts to my parents fail. They can text me but the contact says sip...
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user7LJM9dMGW4 @xmuerte Do you both happen to have T-Mobile as your mobile provider?

0 Likes
thatguy07
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My sister has the same problem where our parents number is showing up the same as the original poster and she is unable to send them text messages suddenly.

We all have T-mobile. Do you know of a solution?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is when a contact is not appearing correctly and when you are unable to send a text.

There are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

1. Try removing the contact and the re-adding them as @Sprocket99 suggested.

2. This article provides troubleshooting for the Samsung Messages app when messages are slow, do not send, or cannot be received: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/

3. Reset Network settings. Settings>General management> Reset> Reset network settings. You will have to re-add the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to the phone.

4. Clear cache partition and repair apps in the Recovery Menu

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 

If these steps do not help, we recommend reaching out to T-Mobile as they are responsible for this service.