Original topic:

Dial pad viewing without screen shutting off mid-call?

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 10:07 AM)
Farrinna64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You know how when you're on the dial pad menu while trying to call a business ie teledoc, pharmacy, bank, and it takes more than a few seconds to listen to options? The screen turns black after a few seconds and have to keep touching screen so it stays on or you have to actually turn it back on. Is there a setting for that display? It's not in the regular display option 

10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try Settings>Display>Screen timeout>Keep screen on while viewing
0 Likes
Farrinna64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't solve this specific issue
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ah I see. Which phone are you using? In the past this hasn't worked for me either, but it keeps the screen on when I'm looking at it with my S24U. Since the phone is directing a significant amount of energy toward the antenna during a call, the auto-dimming and shutoff feature is generally meant to conserve battery power and prevent the device from overheating.
Farrinna64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the S24U also and the Note 10+....it has always been an issue. Has no one ever inquired about this before?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmm. And this setting does not work with your S24U? I just tested this out a few times during a call. If my face isn't visible, it defaults to the 10/30 seconds auto-dimming and screen shut off. Others have definitely asked this question before, but there hasn't been a way to change this natively. If that setting isn't working, try installing an app like the one below. The "Always on" option worked for me on calls without having to pay for the "Pro" version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.psoffritti.keepscreenon
userJPKwLfe5Yt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes. No one from Samsung pays any attention.

0 Likes
userJPKwLfe5Yt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To the engineer who made this decision. People can surf the web while making a phone call. That uses far more resources than keeping a simple dial pad illuminated. So auto-dimming the keypad isn't logical. 

0 Likes
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's one of my biggest complaints everything's automated and how do they not have a setting to keep that pad on lit up that is a huge huge pet peeve of mine how do they do that is the most stupidest thing I've ever experienced on a smartphone it's ridiculous I feel you it is so annoying they need to change that
0 Likes
Farrinna64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes. I've only had Samsung phones and Iphone off and on. Iphone doesn't do this but it was the ONLY thing I liked about iPhone. Samsung needs to work on this