Display issues on my S9

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 08:23 PM)
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S9 from now

So here is an update.
I have taken a break, then I went back on my s9 for a few months.
For a while, keeping it on a specific brightness worked, but then I put it on full brightness.
After another while, the green started to get uncontrollable, I tried doing what I did before, using the blue light filter, and turning light mode on.
Not even a day later, it got even worse. Now, whenever white is on the screen in large quantities, it glitches. I do have another phone that I could use that is less damaged, the only thing blocking me from using it is the charging port. I could either get the S9 repaired, or my other phone [Motorola g7 power] repaired.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
casparlee2004
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You may have problems with the LCD. Probably best to just have it replaced if you can. I'd say get the Samsung repaired cus screen replacements are usually much cheaper and easier to fix than the issue with the charging port with your other phone. Hope that helps !

View solution in context

5 Replies
Ghist6623
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have seen the same on iPhone
Solution
casparlee2004
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You may have problems with the LCD. Probably best to just have it replaced if you can. I'd say get the Samsung repaired cus screen replacements are usually much cheaper and easier to fix than the issue with the charging port with your other phone. Hope that helps !
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

okay. how much would it cost though? i am now having problems with the touch screen, not being able to swipe long, the phone touches things on its own. i think this may be because of the broken glass.

casparlee2004
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Usually, Samsung charges around $219 to replace the screen on both the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S9, and $229 for the Plus versions.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try upgrading to a newer galaxy
0 Likes