Original topic:

Dual eSIM - Multiple Enabled Profiles

(Topic created: 12-20-2023 05:54 AM)
SoNic67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dual eSIM - Multiple Enabled Profiles

Android 13 should have this function available. Android 14 is on Galaxy S devices now, but no implementation.

Pixel 7 and 8 have it active, with older hardware.
Apple has it in Gen 14 and 15... Probably even earlier.

Will S24 series finally implement this function?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Dual esim? Maybe you mean a physical Sim and esim? Because we have that currently. I haven't heard of dual esim though and I work in a phone store
0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did some research, and Google hasn't figured out dual esim, so you must mean physical and esim, which both android and apple have
0 Likes
miroso
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You are mistaken. The dual eSIM MEP feature was already available with the introduction of the Google Pixel 7 series and Android 13.

SoNic67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Research? I posted above the Android link. Since Android 13 there is a Google solution.

Pixel 7 and 8 uses it. Only Samsung doesn't.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
SoNic67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's sad. Did you even read the link that I posted above?

You can have saved 10+ eSIM profiles saved in a phone. Presently Samsung allows only ONE of them to be active. It allows the pSIM + eSIM combination, but not eSIM + eSIM.

Pixel 7 and Pixel 8 (besides iPhones) allow TWO of them to be active - one for voice/txt, another for data. That is very useful when traveling, to have data through a local provider, as opposed to roaming.

zaintariq38
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Apple has dual esim for a long time, samsung doesn't, it should though. S24 should have that

miroso
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I ask myself the same question. It's about time and it should already be there. Apple had it first.