JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Keyboard undesired operation

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 12:44 AM)
danielklenda85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

undesirable operation, Samsung keyboard closes repetitively after entering a couple characters in to Gmail search box.

This is A bug Effecting the functionality of Samsung keyboard. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your frustrations on your Samsung Keyboard not working properly and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with. 

If you are experiencing issues with the keyboard closing when you're typing, you can try adjusting the sensitivity along the edges of the screen. 

Close all the running apps on your phone or tablet. Then, navigate to and open Settings. Tap Device care, and then tap Optimize now. This will close any apps that are running in the background and optimize certain settings.

Restart your device 

Clear the Keyboard Cache and Data

Navigate to and open Settings 

Select Apps

Scroll to and select Samsung Keyboard 

Tap Force Stop 

On the same screen tap Storage

Tap Clear Data, all of your keyboard settings will be erased including any saved words 

Check to verify that your device is up-to-date

If you are still having issues after completing the troubleshooting steps here is a link to try your device in Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

View solution in context

2 Replies
danielklenda85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Anyone cares to get involved?
Please contact me.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your frustrations on your Samsung Keyboard not working properly and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with. 

If you are experiencing issues with the keyboard closing when you're typing, you can try adjusting the sensitivity along the edges of the screen. 

Close all the running apps on your phone or tablet. Then, navigate to and open Settings. Tap Device care, and then tap Optimize now. This will close any apps that are running in the background and optimize certain settings.

Restart your device 

Clear the Keyboard Cache and Data

Navigate to and open Settings 

Select Apps

Scroll to and select Samsung Keyboard 

Tap Force Stop 

On the same screen tap Storage

Tap Clear Data, all of your keyboard settings will be erased including any saved words 

Check to verify that your device is up-to-date

If you are still having issues after completing the troubleshooting steps here is a link to try your device in Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/