JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I share calendar events with Samsung Calendar app?

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 11:52 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just got rid of Outlook app on Galaxy S10 because it has been 6 months to a year that sending email using my Spectrum account broke (I'm guessing expired SSL certificates on some of their servers).  They said they were working on it, but nothing....

So I switched everything to the Samsung Mail and Calendar.  Things looked like they were working pretty well.  It was syncing events between my phone and the Outlook Exchange Server so I assumed everything was okay.  Then I created an event on a calendar that is shared with my wife.  The calendar is the new "Your Family" calendar which I was please to see the app discovered.  However, I'm not sure the event ever gets synced.  After at least a 15 minute wait and syncing both phones manually, it didn't show up on her phone.

I tried creating an event on the outlook web page and it showed up on my calendar there and my phone, but nothing happened on my wife's phone.

Is there anything else I need to do so that when I add to the Your Family calendar, it shows up on my wife's Samsung Calendar app?  Or do you have to wait a really long time before things show up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, apparently it eventually syncs.  Even though I did a "sync now" on both phones, it didn't make any difference.  Apparently Microsoft Exchange syncs when it feels like it.

At least it DOES work.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, apparently it eventually syncs.  Even though I did a "sync now" on both phones, it didn't make any difference.  Apparently Microsoft Exchange syncs when it feels like it.

At least it DOES work.