JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6.1 update removed some of the best features

(Topic created: a month ago)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So Samsung threw away one of the best features the bottom swipe gestures for navigation and kept their horrible version 2 swipe gestures. 

So instead of the bottoms at the bottom you would press them had swipe gestures at the bottom to replace it now they have this ridiculous high effort gestures swipe system all over the bottom and bottom sides of the screen that conflict with other swipe gestures made for other apps. 

This Terrible decision need to be rectified ASAP. It screws with apps and messes up the entire navigation flow of dropping the keyboard or swiping throughout menus etc. This was a terrible move Samsung needs to fix as of yesterday!

If you feel the same let it be known please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You need to Download the new Version of Navstar from inside of Goodlock

Open Goodlock
Scroll down to Navstar and install
Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

16 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Open Goodlock
Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
1,000,0001 !
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lol

userzS71iXHyhc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is beautiful! Awful Samsung makes me do this gymnastic effort for simplicity. Nobody asked for their navigation bar (buttons used the absolute most on a daily basis).

But that's why we love android, so we can use modifications to correct corporate BS.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Then you must love Samsung now since it was a Google forced change and Samsung gave you Goodlock to change it back

0 Likes
Members_7A7KYJX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dose not fix swipe function my Zfold but is did allow me to make buttons smaller and hide them.

Hek ya! Got my functions back. You have to disable circle jerk I mean search.... and disable assistant app. Then when you go to swip gestures/more options, you'll see the swip from bottom and hide options. 

userzS71iXHyhc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
By far the most impactful flaw in this entire 6.1 update. The navigation gesture issue is due to the awful "Circle to Search" assistant.

For example, the bottom left gesture (when swiped upward) would display multiple windows open (making easy to close any unnecessary apps); The center button (when swiped upward) would take you directly home. This feature is actually the same, though the button is now too large; The far right gesture was a VERY helpful back/previous button.

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW: All buttons now show (annoying). But you can go into navigation bar settings and assign "gestures". However now the gestures make you swipe left to right for displaying multiple windows; and you have to swipe right to left to go back.

WHY IT'S A PROBLEM... These screens are large, and this new gesture navigation bar assumes your thumb is always within a reasonable reach to perform each gesture.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Open Goodlock
Exit Goodlock
Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe
And you hide the gestures hints and everything is back to normal

userzS71iXHyhc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
@GaryB82 This is beautiful! Awful Samsung makes me do this gymnastic effort for simplicity. Nobody asked for their navigation bar (buttons used the absolute most on a daily basis).

But that's why we love android, so we can use modifications to correct corporate BS.
0 Likes