Original topic:

How can I turn off "Recent" albums in Gallery on Android 13?

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 11:08 AM)
JWMN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Does anyone know how to turn off the "Recent" album in the updated Gallery that happened with Android 13?  The latest version of Gallery has taken liberties with all the albums that I created.  I've turned off the merged albums feature.  The application makes me choose "View All" instead of showing me all of my albums each time that I open the app.  We all use our phones differently and if you add these "helpful" features, it would be nice to be able to turn off the ones that are not needed.  It is not good if Gallery starts acting like an iPhone and deciding these things and won't let us use it the way we want.  Frustrating. 

14 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Open your gallery app. Select albums. Tap the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner. Tap select albums to show.
0 Likes
JWMN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks but that doesn't remove the "recent" or "view all" options that are showing at the top. The select album option is useful for other things and I've used it with previous Gallery versions.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
This is what I see as soon as I open the gallery app. No recent folder shows. Screenshot_20221128_113845_Gallery_1000000165_1669664325.jpg
0 Likes
JWMN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
G
I see the "view all" on yours. Recent items isn't showing. They weren't there with Android 12. I have to select view all to see my camera folder. It only shows when I select view all. My gallery is 14.0.00.32
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm on 10.0.00.31..... hmm... lol I have no idea what's going on anymore. 😜
0 Likes
jTimesheet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Afrankson@ACCSA.COm
0 Likes
jTimesheet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Here is time sheet
0 Likes
Zerepd86
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got the update today. The only setting I found to hide "recent" and "favorite" albums is by going into gallery settings (three line menu at the bottom, select settings). Once there, switch the "Select Albums to Show" option off. It made those go away for me

0 Likes
bozbozboz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I now have 15,000 random photos including duplicates.
Seems unfixable. If someone put a weapon to my head to find a specific photo in 2 minutes the prognosis doesn't look good.
0 Likes