JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Modes and routines app issue

(Topic created: 12-13-2022 06:51 AM)
kana65
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So I set my sleep routine to restrict most of my apps through Modes and Routines. When it turned off this morning, my apps are still restricted. I have restarted my phone several times, powered it off and on, did a soft reboot, turned my apps off a sleep mode, reset app preferences and these are all suggestions from Samsung support via online chat and by phone. Nothing has helped. When I click on an app that is restricted it says Cannot use app name while Restrict app usage in use. Nothing I do seems to help, nothing from support so far has seemed to help and the support team is using a remote tutor to test things out. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MartinA2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had basically the exact same issue and going into the apps menu in settings, finding the "Modes and Routines" application, scrolling to the storage button within the 'Usage' section, pressing the button, and pressing the clear data button fixed the issue for me. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
MartinA2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had basically the exact same issue and going into the apps menu in settings, finding the "Modes and Routines" application, scrolling to the storage button within the 'Usage' section, pressing the button, and pressing the clear data button fixed the issue for me. 

randoms20user
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

bro, u saved my life

KJackson1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have exactly the same issue as the poster (Galaxy S22) and I swear I've tried everything. I tried your solution, but when I find the "Modes and Routines" app in the list of apps, there is no option for me to navigate to "usage" and then to the storage button to be able to clear it. Am I missing something? I restricted access to almost everything as part of my sleep mode because I'm so bad at mindlessly scrolling for ages and it was becoming a real problem, so right now I have access to like 5 apps and my phone is basically just a brick *facepalm*

KJackson1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Never mind, I've managed to fix it now! Ended up having to just search for the app rather than go through the apps menu, then a long press brought up the option to take me to app settings, and then I was able to get into the storage and memory menus from there. 

Omg Samsung. What a flawed app. I've only been using it for about 4 or 5 days and even before this issue, half the time it wouldn't auto turn on when I'd programmed it to, or off when I'd programmed it to, or it'd turn off restricted apps but the screen would stay in grayscale even though it was all meant to work on the same schedule. 

Good idea in theory, especially for someone like me who scrolls too much, but doesn't work well in practice yet. Needs some improvements. 

user3Qqv0bByrq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you thank you!
0 Likes
Rachel Lee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi guys,

I'ved tried everything stated as above. 

Restarted, Reset, cleared the data from storage/usage. None of these worked for me.

What else I can do to have my apps back on function.

HELP HELP!!

peterhugh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I didn't have the issues of not being able to regain access to apps/turning off DND, but if you long press on the routine and delete it, it should make everything normal again.

You can add the routine back again, but I feel it's not worth the butt ache.

I'm really trying to fully commit for the first time to the Samsung platform so everything works synchronised but it's never seamless.

Personally will never switch to the apple platform, but I can 100% see the draw to their ecosystem.

0 Likes
Adalia
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi guys, so I have had the very same issue this morning. The Samsung A52 went into sleep routine but this morning didn't wake up. After even deleting the sleep mode, it still did not work. I cleared cache as suggested above - and it activated some apps, including Google Play. Modes & Routines wanted to run an update, but because Google Play was in the restricted list, I couldn't update it. A suggestion from my side is to NOT put Google Play in the restricted app list because then you can easily update modes & routines and then the problem should be sorted. As soon as I ran the update, my phone was back to normal.

0 Likes