JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung wallet (Samsung pay) does not work on Galaxy S20 fan edition 5G

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 09:37 PM)
Vl4dimir
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung wallet (Samsung pay) does not work for me on Galaxy S20 fan edition 5G. I hav installed samsung wallet from google play. Here it says supporeted https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090802/?cid=in_pd_affiliate_other_all_none_samsungesh...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

The Czech Republic, is that correct? I personally just met several other Samsung Ambassadors/Members Stars from there. They should be able to better answer this question for you. We offer extremely limited knowledge of international models here in the U.S. Community, so any guidance I could provide has the potential to be incorrect information – and I would hate that. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/%C4%8De%C5%A1tina/ct-p/cz?page=1&tab=setting%3Asamsung.featured_...

View solution in context

6 Replies
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello! Are you receiving a specific error or is it crashing?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello! If I may ask, what country did you get your device in?

0 Likes
Vl4dimir
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Czechia, but I left the international number prefix shown as I since moved to different country, and I wanted to use samsung pay as it is easiest .... well i thought it is easiest ... way to get IC/transit card (similar to suica and others in japan) working with phone.

Update:

I guess I would need to change phone CSC to get this to work which I do not even research how to do.

But even google play is region locked (it was not locked before, i remember being able to install and use apps on my phone that are region locked before).

same thing for google maps

Or google assistant that I remember working with multiple languages before and now it just can't. As it gets "better".

etc. etc.

Not like iphone is different. I do not understand this new "better"

Easiest just forget all this  as it seems to be getting worse and worse.

rant over

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S20

The Czech Republic, is that correct? I personally just met several other Samsung Ambassadors/Members Stars from there. They should be able to better answer this question for you. We offer extremely limited knowledge of international models here in the U.S. Community, so any guidance I could provide has the potential to be incorrect information – and I would hate that. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/%C4%8De%C5%A1tina/ct-p/cz?page=1&tab=setting%3Asamsung.featured_...

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S20

This may not be applicable across all models numbers, and changing CSC profiles on international variants is beyond the scope of these forums. I highly suggest checking out the XDA boards for more information about flashing firmware or changing CSC profiles. Again, the Czech Republic Samsung Community can also help direct you. These aren't technically easy procedures, and you could permanently brick your device if you make a mistake. Be very careful. 

0 Likes