JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USB game controllers no longer working with my phone.

(Topic created: 10-07-2020 03:41 AM)
userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been using an Xbox Box Controller via a USB controller with a type B to type C adapter on my S20 ultra and it was working great. Today it has just stopped working. I have tried resetting my phone, using different controllers, using different USB leads all do not work. I have tried using a mouse by usb and that works fine, as well as usb C headphones. So not an issue with my usb port. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After doing some digging around, it appears the issue is with Android 11 and accessibility in settings. After turning off Auto Click in accessibility, I was able to use my Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S controller with the Xbox Game Pass app.

Note: I have Auto Click in accessibility because I have an app called Auto Clicker installed.

Instructions: Go to Settings, select Accessibility, and select Installed services. Turn off whatever you have on to see if it'll fix the issue.

View solution in context

7 Replies
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are you using One UI 3.0 beta #2 ? This is what my phone has and the none of the Xbox One games I am playing through the Xbox Game Pass app and the Xbox beta app can be controlled with the Xbox One controller's analog sticks or D-Pad.
userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry forgot about my post. In my case it just started working again 2 days later. No idea why. I always update to the last version of Android. I am using an Xbox one controller for Xbox game pass streaming and stadia with no issues now since.

0 Likes
FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

seems to be a spread of controller issues since Android 11 update.

userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It just started working again 2 days later. No idea why. Has been working perfectly ever since. Great for Xbox game pass streaming, Stadia and Geforce Now.

0 Likes
FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sadly that is not the case for my PS4 controller. I try it ever couple days and still nothing. One day I hope it will work again.
userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok sorry to hear that on your PS 4 controller... Hopefully it resolves itself soon. If I see any fixes I will let you know.

0 Likes
Solution
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After doing some digging around, it appears the issue is with Android 11 and accessibility in settings. After turning off Auto Click in accessibility, I was able to use my Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S controller with the Xbox Game Pass app.

Note: I have Auto Click in accessibility because I have an app called Auto Clicker installed.

Instructions: Go to Settings, select Accessibility, and select Installed services. Turn off whatever you have on to see if it'll fix the issue.