JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s20 Plus visual voicemail not transcribing

(Topic created: 12-07-2020 04:16 PM)
userJOBBaZEZ2v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an unlocked s20 plus bought directly from Samsung. My carrier was xfinity mobile and now its Visible (verizon network). Both carriers have you use the native vm app. (xfinity vm app not supported on newer phones, visible does not have a vm app). I do not have the vm button on my dialer. I can access the visual vm native app if i search for it in my phone apps. The issue is that the vms are not being and have not been transcribed since I got this phone, and over 2 different carriers. Neither carrier was able to resolve the issue. (they are both verizon network carriers, however). But I have seen others even on AT&T netowork carriers having the same issue (other networks as well). So it leads me to believe its an issue with the phone itself. Samsung support chat is never of any help, either.

has anyone else been able to get their unlocked s20+ to transcribe vms?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Visual voicemail (VVM) is a carrier service. Therefore the carrier must provide a VVM solution which does transcription. 

AT&T VVM does not support transcription on locked or unlocked devices. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Visual voicemail (VVM) is a carrier service. Therefore the carrier must provide a VVM solution which does transcription. 

AT&T VVM does not support transcription on locked or unlocked devices.