JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 13 - No option to Disable 2G

(Topic created: 08-19-2023 10:35 PM)
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
This option is available in the Android 12 in Android 14 but it's not available in the Android 13.

When is Samsung going to add this to Android 13 for the Samsung S21?

Currently using a T-Mobile supplied phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

T-Mobile pushed a patch 3 days ago, it is fixed 

View solution in context

16 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey there! Is there a specific reason you want disable this? I have T-Mobile also and have a "LTE/3G" option available.
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
2G enables man in the middle attacks, by default your phone automatically downgrades your connection
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Network management on Carrier locked phones is controlled by the carrier.  My Verizon for instance, had no ability to to set the network type. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It is part of the operating system on your phone, the carrier doesn't support 2G except in an emergency. They use 2G as a failover for a national emergencies only.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

The presentation of those options to the user is controlled by the carrier.  Doesn't matter if it's part of the OS or not, the Carrier (or Samsung for the carrier) customizes the software prior to release.

An unlocked by Samsung phone as shown in the post by @VerbumVeritum displays all the options.  Carrier software varies. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

Found this in Setting>Connections>Mobile networks. I'm on T-Mobile as well.

Screenshot_20230821_162324_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230821_162413_Call settings.jpg

bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

This is what you get with Verizon

Screenshot_20230821_173642_Call settings.jpg

Bill
---
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21
When I disable 2G service though, a little non-dismisssble notification appears warning me about having limited service in areas of poor LTE/3G coverage.
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
On Android 13? S21 ULTRA Stock install?