JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Device Care notification sound

(Topic created: 08-01-2023 08:57 AM)
sburke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My Galaxy S21 Ultra occasionally notifies that some apps are slated for deep sleep.  The Device Care service is the source of the notifications.  The sound that it plays is that of an incoming text message (the default notification sound on my S21).  I want to change the sound or possibly turn off the notification entirely.  There is no "Device Care" app listed under Settings / Notifications.  How can I manage the Device Care notification alert sound?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanielTheBigD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to Settings > Apps > Device Care > Notifications. You can toggle it there. For more spacific settings, go to Notification Categories and change the notification sound for each category by tapping it and then going to Sound.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
mongello
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Going to notifications find the one that you want and shut it off so you don't get the notifications anymore I have a Samsung as well so I'll tell you you have an option of choices how to get your notification vibration even the flash you know so you don't have to be bothered with a constantly you can download the app Zedge and go to their stuff everything's free they have stuff you can buy but 99% of it's free and get a notification from then there's different than the one you tired of hearing
0 Likes
sburke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

@mongello Device Care is not in the list of app notifications that can be configured.  I know how to manage notifications and don't need help with that.  I need to know what app to manage to turn Device Care notifications specifically.

0 Likes
mongello
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Well that's obvious go down to device care no disrespect at all
0 Likes
mongello
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
And if you have apps that are putting themselves to sleep and get them out of that mode so you don't have them notifications for that we're just going to vacate notifications and shut that part off for notifications
0 Likes
mongello
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I mean we're talking about a phone here how important is it for you to hear them notifications about sleeping apps must not get too caught up in technology everybody remember that still use your brain
0 Likes
mongello
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
And I get quite caught up in it myself
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what your looking for Samsung push notifications just change to silent you will be good to go Screenshot_20230801_112558_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
DanielTheBigD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to Settings > Apps > Device Care > Notifications. You can toggle it there. For more spacific settings, go to Notification Categories and change the notification sound for each category by tapping it and then going to Sound.
0 Likes