Original topic:

Emergency information on Lock Screen

(Topic created: 08-24-2023 03:07 AM)
Fir3fly1995
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, 

I am new here, I am usually found on Reddit, but seeing as this is a Samsung forum I Figured I'd ask here. 

I am trying to add instructions to my Lock Screen. I have noticed that on the Lock Screen, unless smart lock is locked down (requiring my fingerprint or pin) it is not possible to access emergency contacts. On top of this, it is not obvious where to find this by first responders, so I want to make a note on my screen instructing on how to get to that information. 

I have followed multiple guides, however the logical step of press and hold ont he Lock Screen doesnt do anything. 

I am running with the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Running OneUI 5.1 and Android 13. (SM-G998B/DS) on top of this, I have Good Lock, with LockStar to add some useful things to my Lock Screen Like battery monitor and Buds Controller but if Good Lock is causing an issue with this I dont know. In a bid to figure this out, I have temporarily disabled LockStar with no results. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eiffelpex
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So you go to settings / lock screen / touch "Edit Lock Screen" then tap "Contact Information" at the bottom. What you type there will scroll across the bottom on the lock screenScreenshot_20230824_050545_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230824_050600_Wallpaper and style.jpg

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Eiffelpex
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So you go to settings / lock screen / touch "Edit Lock Screen" then tap "Contact Information" at the bottom. What you type there will scroll across the bottom on the lock screenScreenshot_20230824_050545_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230824_050600_Wallpaper and style.jpg
Fir3fly1995
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This worked... It is not searchable, but found it. Thank you so much. Also, For whatever reason, I did not recieve any emails notifying me of your response, until I received an email from Samsung asking me if your answer was sufficient. So, thank you! 

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
For the life of me, with all the financial and personal information on our phones, why anyone would not lock their phone. Smart Lock at home, I get.

Most first responders know the information is there, but since most phone users don't complete it, they may not look.

If your phone is unlocked, most first responders or hospitals will look at your Recently Called or Favorites in your Contacts lists, and call someone from that.
0 Likes