JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Escalating my issue with my S21

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 09:58 PM)
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Is there anyone I can call or write to in order to highlight an issue.  I see many others are having the same issue. 

Generally, I am not a complainer, but offering Android support up to 17 and not being able to update phones is quite annoying.

I will try to resolve the issue here, after receiving sound advice.  Unfortunately, I see others with my same update issue and they are worse off than I am.

Seems there should be a loyalty group I can call.  I have had Samsung phones since the S4 and never had such an issue.

Thanks.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Please note that this is a community of Samsung owners who use their time and effort to try to help Samsung consumers. We do not receive any type of compensation for trying to help, and we are not employees.

Updates come through your carrier. Once you take possession of your phone, Samsung can't change anything on your phone because they don't have access to your phone - but your carrier does have access, and therefore are the ones who roll out the updates. I hope this explanation makes it easier to understand.
Solution
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Previously:  Thank you for clearing up my misconception.  I learned something new today.  

Update:  I called T-Mobile and they told me to call Samsung.  Tomorrow I will have Samsung and T-mobile on a conference call.  Hopefully one of the two will figure it out.   (Looks like it may be easier to use Odin.)

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
AnonyymousD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes