JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Escalating my issue with my S21

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 08:15 AM)
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Is there anyone I can call or write to in order to highlight an issue.  I see many others are having the same issue. 

Generally, I am not a complainer, but offering Android support up to 17 and not being able to update phones is quite annoying.

I will try to resolve the issue here, after receiving sound advice.  Unfortunately, I see others with my same update issue and they are worse off than I am.

Seems there should be a loyalty group I can call.  I have had Samsung phones since the S4 and never had such an issue.

Thanks.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Previously:  Thank you for clearing up my misconception.  I learned something new today.  

Update:  I called T-Mobile and they told me to call Samsung.  Tomorrow I will have Samsung and T-mobile on a conference call.  Hopefully one of the two will figure it out.   (Looks like it may be easier to use Odin.)

Summest
S24 and S21.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
aj1aj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
For my problem with the s21 I'm not available to even update the phone to abdroid 14
Options
Galaxy S21
But is there an actual issue with your phone?
0 Likes
aj1aj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Not rlly it jus never get any latest updates or software
Options
Galaxy S21
I think that's more of a carrier issue.
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

It shouldn't be carrier dependent since I have an unlocked phone.  I can use any SIM in my phone.  I don't have a dedicated carrier.  I bought the phone directly from Samsung unlocked and without my carrier knowing about it.  You can also upgrade by Wifi and I don't get my Wifi from my carrier.

If I am wrong, please explain why?  I am open to learn new ideas.

Summest
S24 and S21.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Doesn't make a difference whether you have an unlocked device , all updates come through your service provider to make sure your device works with their towers properly.
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Even over wifi with no SIM installed?

I would like technical documentation. I don't understand your reasoning. 

Google voice works over  wifi.  Does that make Google my provider?

Thanks for replying and sharing your thoughts.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
What's not to understand, you will not be able to update your device "WITHOUT" a SIM card. Updates are done OTA that come from service providers, end of story.

The only way to do an update "Without" a SIM is to download a copy from the internet and hope and pray it doesn't brick your device.

Google Voice is VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocal) completely different tech.
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

"What's not to understand, you will not be able to update your device "WITHOUT" a SIM card. Updates are done OTA that come from service providers, end of story."

End of story?  What kind of technical answer is that?

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes