Original topic:

Caller can't hear me when connected to car

(Topic created: a month ago)
Dog02
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi , the past 2 weeks when im driving and the phone is plugged into the aux jack in car stereo i can receive and hear the caller but they can't hear me . I can't even talk to google , seems that the mic is not active,  i gone into settings but all seems ok . Im actually getting so fed up with it as i drive for a living.  Any ideas please ??

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
If your phone is plugged into the aux jack of your car, rhe car has taken over your voice commands. Any problem with your mic would be your car's mic, not your phone's.
0 Likes
Dog02
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi. I have removed the jack from the aux on the car stereo. Still no voice commands,  only get voice commands when i take the charging lead out 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

so, you can do hands free as long as there is no USB cable in the USB port?  When not in your car, can you do hands free at all?

It could be that your car is trying to access audio via Bluetooth and is getting confused when the USB is connected.  If you can do hands free out of the car, then the problem is not with your phone mic.  It's with the settings between your phone and car.  If the phone's mic is affected by a USB charging cable, there might be something crossed in the settings and you may have to clear your device cache to see if that helps.  There are instructions all over this forum and on the web on how to do that. 

0 Likes