JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to just share with Bluetooth

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 01:56 PM)
jcubic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

It's now so difficult to share the file. It use to be a Bluetooth icon. Is there a way to turn off all those fancy Share nearby and other sharing options, and just connect to my laptop directly with Bluetooth, is so slow right now. I don't want to use NFC, WiFi or whatever this slow feature is using. I want to sent the file directly with Bluetooth.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CyberTech
Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Try using quick share it can be found in the quick panel or you can search quick share in settings. Hope this helps

View solution in context

6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
If you search for "nearby device scanning" in your Settings search bar, and toggle off, this should take care of this annoyance. 🙂 Also search for "nearby share" and turn that off. And Quick Share. Lots of sharing going on lol.
0 Likes
Solution
CyberTech
Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Try using quick share it can be found in the quick panel or you can search quick share in settings. Hope this helps
jcubic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, thanks I just asked and found the Bluetooth icon. Wanted to delete the question, but got a priveledges error, maybe because of the answers.  I needed to turn on Bluetooth for it work. On my old phone, the icon was there and when clicked it was asking to enable Bluetooth.

But this is the first time I share via Bluetooth maybe it will change next time.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

Oh alright! Yes, topics cannot be deleted once they have posts. Did you get your problem resolved? 

0 Likes
Matthew904
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Yessss stop using Bluetooth quickshare is soo much better! Able to send a gig in seconds!
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21
Yay! 🥳
0 Likes