JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s21 not connecting to 2.4G only 5G

(Topic created: 01-08-2023 06:41 AM)
Javablood
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

For some unknown reason, my phone disconnected from my 2.4G internet and will not connect back to it.  I reset the network settings, turned phone on/off, and the only thing I did not do was reset the router.  I did not reset the router because my computers are happily connected to 2.4G just not the phone. However, the phone will and is connected to the 5G.  What the heck?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Reset the router.  Other working devices on the router don't guarantee that another device will work especially if that configuration got corrupted in the router.  Reset the router. 

If it still doesn't work, then Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset Network connections

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

4 Replies
rosegulley
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I just submitted a repair request for my s21 fe 5g. I've tried everything possible on my end. Even deleted cache, tried safe mode and getting rid of several apps. Then even did a factory reset. Same thing, wouldn't stay connected or wouldn't connect at all. I figure it's a hardware problem. It won't stay connected to wifi. It may connect until you minimize settings to get back to whatever app you were working with, then no connection. I live in the country so we depend on our wifi and can't get any cellular service or spotty at best. Samsung has agreed to me mailing it in for any repairs, since I've had it less than a year. If I learn of anything else I could have done I will text back, but I'm stumped too. It's really annoying.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Reset the router.  Other working devices on the router don't guarantee that another device will work especially if that configuration got corrupted in the router.  Reset the router. 

If it still doesn't work, then Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset Network connections

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
Javablood
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Bill,  Thanks. Last night after the Ring went offline again, which is what started this whole mess, I reset the router and the phone, and Ring, were able to connect to the 2.4G. And technology is supposed to make our lives better? Ha.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Great, glad it worked. 

Bill
---
0 Likes