JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is Samsung honeyboard?

(Topic created: a month ago)
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Can someone please help me out and explain "HoneyBoardService" an active service on my Galaxy S21 Ultra?? I have had issues with my phone recently, and this is listed as an installed app but I never installed it... under active application processes it is listed an input method as:

com.samsung.android.honeyboard
I recently had accounts accessed/ passwords compromised so I don't trust anything right now!! Sorry if I am overreacting and this is nothing to worry about

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Supposedly it's the keyboard this is from Google
The Samsung Honeyboard is a keyboard app for Galaxy phones that uses AI features to make typing easier and more convenient. The keyboard also includes other features, such as:

Undo and redo: Use two fingers to undo and redo actionsTranslation: Use the keyboard's translation functionVoice recognition: Use the keyboard's voice recognition functionSamsung Pass: Use Samsung Pass through the keyboard

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S21
Supposedly it's the keyboard this is from Google
The Samsung Honeyboard is a keyboard app for Galaxy phones that uses AI features to make typing easier and more convenient. The keyboard also includes other features, such as:

Undo and redo: Use two fingers to undo and redo actionsTranslation: Use the keyboard's translation functionVoice recognition: Use the keyboard's voice recognition functionSamsung Pass: Use Samsung Pass through the keyboard

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Phew ok, so it's an essential app then? Glad I didn't try removing it! Haha I was under the impression Samsung Pass is no more, that I have to update to Samsung wallet? And thank you so much for answering my post!!
0 Likes
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Would LOVE to revert back to Samsung Pass, it has a ton of my logins stored but I haven't been able to make it work with Samsung Wallet
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung pass is now built in the wallet app

0 Likes
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you
0 Likes