JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto assistant voice too low

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 08:08 PM)
ChumpChange
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So, I've been using my phone and android Auto in my car with no problems for over 3 years.

One month ago I had the issue where if I hit the voice button on my steering wheel or tried to get the assistant to read a text I'd get the "voice commands not available right now" problem.

During the next week or two I received several Android Auto updates and finally they worked again but they volume is so low that I can barely hear but only on the assistant. Calls, navigation and music are all fine.

I've tried every fix I can find online and nothing works. Reinstalling, clearing cache, turning up the volume when the assistant is talking, etc.

It's so frustrating that it worked perfectly for the last 3 years that I've had my car only to now not work. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChumpChange
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Let's say you're listening to music and the navigation says something and while it's talking the music volume gets really low in the background. That's basically what was happening with the assistant all the time.

I finally pulled the trigger and did a factory reset and now it's back to working.

Thanks for everyone's help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Try clicking where I highlighted that should turn the volume up over whatever else you might be listening to Screenshot_20230923_005507_Maps.jpg
0 Likes
ChumpChange
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Unfortunately that only controls the navigation volume
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello there, thanks for reaching out, and I am sorry to hear the troubleshooting you've tried hasn't worked. Have you tried adjusting the volume on all types of media? This article can help: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/adjusting-the-volume-on-my-samsung-galaxy/

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Also check in Android auto to make sure that's not doing anything weird
0 Likes
Mrjodyhanson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
When the assistant is talking, just turn up your radio volume. It won't affect the music. when the assistant is not talking, and just music is playing, adjusting your volume up or down only affects media.
0 Likes
ChumpChange
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The assistant and guidance are linked. I can hear the guidance comfortably but I have to max out the volume to get the assistant to a decent level and then the guidance is entirely too loud.
0 Likes
Solution
ChumpChange
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Let's say you're listening to music and the navigation says something and while it's talking the music volume gets really low in the background. That's basically what was happening with the assistant all the time.

I finally pulled the trigger and did a factory reset and now it's back to working.

Thanks for everyone's help.
0 Likes