JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps get stuck on screen since Android 13 update s22 ultra

(Topic created: 11-22-2022 04:42 PM)
techk552
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since this update dropped and i updated ive been having nothing but issues apps get stuck on my screen i cant swipe them away or enter another app at all when it does so i have to force restart my phone. Theres time my lock screen dosnt work correctly id unlock my phone it shows the unlock animation and then freezes on my wallpaper and shows no apps nothing. Im also having issues with my keyboard not even letting me us it multiple times i have to restart my phone 3 times back to back just to be able to use it please fix this samsung this update wasnt ready at all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I think you might have a different experience if you backup your device and do a full reset. It might resolve all of your issues.

I generally reset my phone on major updates. Also just use either Google to update your phone or Samsung as using both to restore your phone will result in errors.

You can also boot into the recovery menu and clear your cache and repair your apps. I think a reset works better but you can try the cache clear and app repair first if you don't want to reset.

I have not had any of the issues that you describe after update.

View solution in context

11 Replies
ossy43
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
After the update to Android 13, the Bluetooth also starts the WiFi. Before turning the Bluetooth only turn Bluetooth not the wifi
Solution
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I think you might have a different experience if you backup your device and do a full reset. It might resolve all of your issues.

I generally reset my phone on major updates. Also just use either Google to update your phone or Samsung as using both to restore your phone will result in errors.

You can also boot into the recovery menu and clear your cache and repair your apps. I think a reset works better but you can try the cache clear and app repair first if you don't want to reset.

I have not had any of the issues that you describe after update.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
What's your experiencing is a lot of these older apps aren't optimized for the Android 13. I went to all of this because I was part of the beta program for the s22 here I am looking at my phone thinking it's possessed. Because of right in front of my eyes as I'm watching the screen I'm getting double apps and then some apps are disappearing you go to the Google Play store some apps no longer work on my device
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have similar problems. Apps take up to 3-5 second to load or to close; is very laggy. I'll have remnants of the closed app on my screen. One UI will stop responding. It is definitely the One UI 5.0 update because if I use another launcher (Nova or Lucid pro), I have no problems at all.

I did go into recovery and cleared cache partition and repair apps but no improvements.

At some point when I can set aside a few hours, I will do a factory data reset.
usersqEH4FKL9t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the exact same problems. I was a beta tester, and I didn't have these problems until the final release dropped. I've already tried wiping cache partition, and I even did a full on factory data reset, and I am still having the same problems.
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh gee, that's very discouraging. Usually a factory data reset is the last resort to solve any problems. Back in the earlier days of Android, I always did FDR's before I took a major update. I actually would do it at least twice, once before applying the update and then again after the update. I haven't done that as routine in a few years.
usersqEH4FKL9t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I remember when I first switched to Android during the Nexus 6 days, I had to do a reset after upgrading to Marshmallow from Lollipop. Like you said, that usually did the trick, but this time, it seems the official release of One UI 5 is the problem, and we'll have to wait for an update to fix it. Sigh. I might have to find another device in the meantime, 'cause this is causing me a lot of headaches with work.
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Try another launcher. I have no problems with Nova or with Lucid.
Options
Galaxy S22
Only issue I had was Enhanced Galaxy X crashing
0 Likes