Original topic:

Creating separate albums

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
user5nhSXlTQqc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Is there a way to create different albums to separate pictures and once albums is created will the pictures only be on the album that you file them?

I have too much pictures and it will be best to separate them it will be easier to find when looking for a specific picture or video. In the past with my other galaxy cell I was able to do that.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
4 Replies
Carson1992
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
If you use the stock gallery app "the red icon with a white flower" click the tab at the bottom that says albums. Once on that tab click the plus icon at the top right and you'll have the option to create a new album. It will then give you the option to select which photos you want in that album. Photos will only appear in that album.
0 Likes
user5nhSXlTQqc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I already created the albums, but when I move the pictures, it shows on both the album where I placed them but still shows on the original space where all the other pictures are.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@user5nhSXlTQqc Well, yes but a couple of things.

The Recent album is not a real album. It is simply displaying photos which match some algorithm defined by Samsung. Photos seen here are not duplicates of photos in other albums. The photo actually exists in the other album. If you delete a photo from the Recent album, it is deleted from your phone. 

Ignoring the Recent album, if you want photos to only appear in a single album "Move" them to that album. If you use "Copy" they will exist in the original album and a duplicate will be put in the album that you copied them to. 

0 Likes
user5nhSXlTQqc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. When I move a picture, it will show on the album I created and also on the original spot / area. Okay, so it's not duplicating the pictures.
Oh, what a hot mess!! I should have kept my old Galaxy that used SD card.

Thanks for the info.
0 Likes