Original topic:

Hotspot won't work after update

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 06:40 PM)
AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

After I upgraded to one ui 6 beta 1 on my Unlocked S22 Plus (US Verizon), I noticed the hotspot not longer functions. I literally used the hotspot just a few minutes before the update, and when I went to use it again, I get this message: Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering. I figured I'd be patient, and that others were surely having the same issue. After going through all the beta versions, I finally got one ui 6 stable this morning. Same issue. Any suggestions?

92 Replies
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Sounds to me like a rise. May have to reset the settings for the hotspot. it may be that they feel like a new phone.
AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I've tried to reset it multiple times; about once an update. No avail. 🫤
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry I mistyped. I mean you may have to have Verizon reset the phone. Or at least reset the Hotspot permissions.
AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Now that I haven't tried. I think I'll give that a shot if I can't fix it soon. I just want to avoid interfacing with Verizon at all costs, their customer service is awful to deal with, plus I will not reset my phone a 3rd time. I've been told to do that by Samsung with previous issues, and it never has helped me, just forced me to set up my phone again. 🫤
Rayyankhan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Try going to the store or before that take out and put your Sim back inside
AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the suggestion. I'd probably end up going to the store, as the support there seems to be much better, as it usually is in the tech world. I've tried ejecting the sim already, unfortunately. Thanks!
Rayyankhan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh ok you should probably remember to always back up your phone before updating next time
AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Will do. I switched from iPhone about 2 years ago, and I was used to the practically zero-risk beta program, so I just crossed my fingers when updating. Although Samsung is much more risky in that regard, it's much better.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I have been on Stable release for a couple of weeks now on Verizon, was in the Beta.
No issues with mobile hot spot as of yet!