JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to get Apple Music player on lock screen?

(Topic created: 09-22-2022 01:33 PM)
userDEOsDEc2Cs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi!New user for the S22 Ultra. Old Samsung customer. Had a S9+ before this one. I use Apple Music for my music. On my old S9+ everytime I started Apple Music up and then locked the screen I would have a player show on my lock screen. I've gone through everything I can find both one my own and online. I can't get the stupid thing to show up. Help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userDEOsDEc2Cs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I FIGURED IT OUT!!! Go to Settings>Apps>Apple Music- make sure Show Notifications, Deliver Quietly, and App Icon Badges are all selected and it'll work. Woo!

View solution in context

4 Replies
cheerioboy26
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Settings-lock screen-widgets turns it on I think
0 Likes
userDEOsDEc2Cs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
No good. When I do that it does bring up a Music section but when I click on Play Music it brings up YouTube music. I want Apple Music to play not YouTube.....
0 Likes
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
It should be the same for every app that plays music in the background. However, I have experienced similar. It plays in the background just fine but no player shows up. It's possibly just a compatibility issue on Apples end with their music app. Also youtube is better integrated with android as it's a Google app, so that makes sense.

I'll tell you what though, I'll test some stuff myself and come back with an answer to see if I can help solve this issue for you.
Solution
userDEOsDEc2Cs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I FIGURED IT OUT!!! Go to Settings>Apps>Apple Music- make sure Show Notifications, Deliver Quietly, and App Icon Badges are all selected and it'll work. Woo!