JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Media notifications being snoozed

(Topic created: 08-02-2023 10:16 AM)
WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Monday all was good. Tuesday, I connect to cars bluetooth as normal, start youtube music and start driving.  I want to see what song is playing, so I tap the power button and I have no media notification on the lock screen or when you tap the clock to get to the widgets page.  When I get to where I can stop, I see no notifications from either YT music or google podcasts. Looking at the issue today, and it seems as if all media notifications are being snoozed automatically, as seen from notification history.  Tried the set time and date manually, both to past and future, but media notifications won't unsnooze.  No system updates have installed since last month, and YT music was updated about a week ago.

How do I unsnooze and why is it auto snoozing in the first place?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Figured it out. I was experimenting with Tasker and Autonotification plugin and somehow snoozed those permanently.  Found the command to unsnooze. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there @WyrdGary! Is it possible that Android Auto is automatically disabling notifications while driving?

0 Likes
WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

No, my older car does not have AA, plus the fact that it is doing it as I am troubleshooting without bluetoothing, just playing media through phone speaker.  I installed Pandora, and it seems to be showing notification on lockscreen and shade, so it appears to be YT music and Google podcasts notifications being auto-snoozed.  

Thanks

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@WyrdGary Have you checked the notification settings for these apps in Settings>Notifications and made sure that the correct categories are enabled? I've had something like this happen to me in the past, but it's odd that everything would fine one day and then change the next. Could have been some sort of update. 

WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Yup, nothing seems to be wrong, but no settings seem directly related to playback . Toggled then on/off for good measure. Going through the main google app now. Nothing seems wrong there either.   

Wound up reinstalling YT Music and it works now.  Since google podcasts is part of google, reinstalling it doesn't help. Switched to another podcast app for now.  I wish I could figure out what was changed so I don't need to remove and install.  Thanks

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@WyrdGary That was going to be my next suggestion! Glad you got that working at least, although I wish we found out what went wrong, just in case it happens again!

Solution
WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Figured it out. I was experimenting with Tasker and Autonotification plugin and somehow snoozed those permanently.  Found the command to unsnooze. 

hello321
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Can you please tell me how did you unsnooze the notifications

0 Likes
WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
You would need to purchase or unlock trial of autonotification tasker plugin. They go through how to unsnooze. Basically setting snooze command to 0.
0 Likes