JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to set default storage location for Samsung Contacts App

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 06:58 PM)
Just_A_Cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I recently upgraded to the Galaxy S22 Ultra. I have contacts stored in different locations; Some on the phone, Google, and/or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. After I installed Outlook, all "New Contacts" I'm adding are defaulting to the Microsoft Exchange storage location. I would like to add all New Contacts to the phone itself - not to Google or Microsoft Exchange.

Samsung Contacts app version 13.1.30.0
Android 12

How do I change the default storage location to the phone only?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Just_A_Cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I figured it out.

1- Click on the "Three bar" icon on the left side of the app
2- Click on "All Contacts"
3- It Expands to show all Account(s)/Phonebook(s)/Storage Locations linked in the Samsung Contacts App
4- Select the Account/Phonebook/Storage Location where you want to Add a contact
5- Click on the + icon to Add a contact to that specific Account/Phonebook/Storage Location

View solution in context

3 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tired to download Google Contacts app?

0 Likes
Just_A_Cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No, I'm using the native Samsung Contacts app that came with the phone. I've used it on my older Samsung phone, and there was a setting in the app where I was able to designate the "Phone" as the default storage location. But I cannot find it in the current version.

0 Likes
Solution
Just_A_Cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I figured it out.

1- Click on the "Three bar" icon on the left side of the app
2- Click on "All Contacts"
3- It Expands to show all Account(s)/Phonebook(s)/Storage Locations linked in the Samsung Contacts App
4- Select the Account/Phonebook/Storage Location where you want to Add a contact
5- Click on the + icon to Add a contact to that specific Account/Phonebook/Storage Location