Original topic:

RCS features for messages app

(Topic created: 04-20-2022 09:27 AM)
dmystic1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So Att S22 Ultra now uses a custom google messages app as default, but RCS is not working with all people who use Google messages. Example my brother is also on Att and he has an Att version of the Fold 3. The default messaging app on that one is Samsungs app but he is using the Google messaging app from the playstore. Messages sent and received from him are SMS not RCS.  I have another brother that has a t-mobile s10 and my messages with him are RCS and I think he is even using the default Samsung app. I know I'm not the only one but no one is talking about this. 

0 Likes
123 Replies
user1rGrjIMXmm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It seems like the new messages app regressed on my note 10 plus the messages always showed when read. Now with my S22 Ultra it only shows read on multimedia messages not regular text messages which is silly Samsung! I'm a longtime user of all Samsung products and this feature not being in the best phone on the market is crazy please add this back thank you. If any of you have figured it out or know why this is all the sudden happening let me know please and thank you!
mrshenryxo
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you using Google messages? If so it won't appear unless you use the native samsung messages app.
0 Likes
user7qVx0cssqJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since I updated my messaging app I'm not getting "read" "delivered" and "typing indications" I cleared cache turn off and on phone and nothing and I do have it enable on settings Please can someone tell how I can get this back without this the app is not the same Please Dev team fix this asap 

0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
RCS is broken on the update unless you move to eSIM for some reason
0 Likes
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
What is eSIM? I'm having the same problem
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
It should be working again without needing to do that. Try turning chat features off then reboot and turn them on
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Is this for the Samsung messaging or google messaging?
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Google
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok I'll try that thanks
0 Likes
smbj_1005
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
What messaging app are you using? Google Messages or Samsung Messages?
0 Likes