Original topic:

RCS features for messages app

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 03:09 PM)
dmystic1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So Att S22 Ultra now uses a custom google messages app as default, but RCS is not working with all people who use Google messages. Example my brother is also on Att and he has an Att version of the Fold 3. The default messaging app on that one is Samsungs app but he is using the Google messaging app from the playstore. Messages sent and received from him are SMS not RCS.  I have another brother that has a t-mobile s10 and my messages with him are RCS and I think he is even using the default Samsung app. I know I'm not the only one but no one is talking about this. 

0 Likes
123 Replies
JadenIsiah
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Does anyone ever think Samsung will turn Samsung messages into a chat app like iMessage & Google Messages? Samsung Messages used to suck and now that it's good this is their big chance to hit the ball! The Samsung community has grown so much, we need a native chat app  with read receipts, rcs, colored chats, etc! A Network! instead of having to rely on Google for Google Messages. I hate being forced to use Googles emojis in that app when I have a S22+
Options
Galaxy S22
I really really hope they will! It's time for Samsung to step up and be a contender in the chat/rcs field! Ppl are starting to enjoy using Samsung Messages again, so Samsung should really take advantage of the momentum. But in my heart of hearts I don't think they'll ever be an iMessage for Samsung. Apple seems like they "own it" and don't wanna share. Cuz they know if Samsung was able to make their version that Apple would lose customers since it's one of the biggest reasons ppl stay with Apple, it's for that dang iMessage.
0 Likes
JadenIsiah
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
honestly I'd even be fine with it being a samsung only ecosystem! a way to lock in customers like Apple does. having color coded chats would look nice lol. Maybe One Ui 5 will bring some huge changes! Beta supposedly opening in July!
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You will never ever ever being able to use iMessage features with out owning a iPhone. I use Google messages and I know u don't like it but I see reactions from iPhones as reactions and not a separate sms text saying they liked it. I just cant like the messages myself
0 Likes
JadenIsiah
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Well when I say imessage I mean have a chat system like Google messages and I message for samsung phines
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh ok I gotcha I doubt that will happen either.
0 Likes
CreyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Google Messages with the S22 is now the Samsung default
0 Likes
Tonen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The messeger definitely needs an update like that. I hate to use 3rd party messenger apps just cause they have more features and customize options 😒
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Same. I don't hate using third-party messaging apps because they do offer so much more in terms of customizing. But I do feel like Samsung needs to do/add more to its messaging app. It shouldn't be so far behind third-party apps like it is. I do appreciate that it still allows theme support unlike their email app. Made me so mad when Samsung stopped allowing the email app to be themed with THEIR THEMES! And I don't want to use Google Messages as the default app, there's nothing to it. Except the chat features that are all the rage right now. I want to be to customize, it's why I fell in love with Android. But I guess as time goes on I'll be forced to use Google Messages because Samsung will stop supporting its stock messaging app. Until then though I'll stick with Samsung Messages and all the pink!!
0 Likes
GrantP1271
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello! Just wondering if Advanced Messaging on the Samsung Messages app is available for unlocked devices. I was able to use it on my last device, which was locked on Verizon, but I can't use it on my unlocked S22 Ultra even though I'm using the same SIM card I used in my last phone.
0 Likes