Original topic:

RCS features for messages app

(Topic created: 05-18-2022 11:32 PM)
dmystic1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So Att S22 Ultra now uses a custom google messages app as default, but RCS is not working with all people who use Google messages. Example my brother is also on Att and he has an Att version of the Fold 3. The default messaging app on that one is Samsungs app but he is using the Google messaging app from the playstore. Messages sent and received from him are SMS not RCS.  I have another brother that has a t-mobile s10 and my messages with him are RCS and I think he is even using the default Samsung app. I know I'm not the only one but no one is talking about this. 

0 Likes
123 Replies
Eliel_Poptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Download Google messages sometimes the Samsung text breaks
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
S22 comes with Google messages installed as default already.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

are you using samsung messages or google messages?

0 Likes
userS3EqypAg0c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung released a partnership app with Google messages that follows the oneUI theme and provides RCS features for the galaxy phones; Will this become available to older galaxy phones like Note 10/10+/10 5g and other galaxy phones that support oneUI 4.0-4.1 ? 

Oxford
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
You can download Google messages through the Google Play Store.
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
rcs messages are not native to the s22 ultra. I have a 21 ultra and been using rcs since Ive owned the phone
0 Likes
AutumnL33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I was just gonna say, you can download Google messages and select it as your default messaging app and it'll be just like the newer s22 series that use it as default
0 Likes
user6VeOJKZx0k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Every since the the latest update, read receipts are not working. Does not show delivered or read on the default SMS. I haven't seen anything about this. I've cleared cache but not the data. I have restarted etc, reset network connections. 

Anybody have any ideas?
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Read Receipt must be enabled in your Chat Settings
0 Likes
user6VeOJKZx0k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Gee, I never thought of that...........